View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 02:00 PM   #6
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Someone Educate Me On Stick Combo's Please

Like others mentioned,you are way better off if you can do all your on work on trans,clutch and rear,but in my opinion a person should be able to maintain every piece on their car to really have a understanding and feel of their car.
Stick trans is fairly simple and for most part pretty much will only go together pretty much one way.
Clutch setup will make or break a stick car,literally wrong(too aggressive) clutch setup will break every piece in the driveline,just the better the parts will take longer but eventually break also,right clutch,setup correctly virtually no breakage and not a lot of maintenance,one simple clue on a clutch is if on launch it rips tires is what I call it cause it sounds like tires go
RRRiiippppPP when clutch is turned loose or does that or chirps tires on gear changes,clutch is TOO AGGRESSIVE.
Rear don't use a rear you can't get pro gears for,must have 9310 pro gears.
make sure you get a stick shift tire,somebody may have them working,but as far as I know Radials still won't work, I think Jim and Joe Shcaechter one told me they got close or did get them to work?
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote