View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Julie Jordan

Liked 322 Times in 64 Posts
Default Live from Sonoma LODRS

Well, I'll start this. Maybe Toby, or someone equally as qualified, will pick it up from here. I have no camera or video. I stay pretty close to my RV so not sure how much gossip I'll pick up! lol

My hubby, Don Little & I arrived here around 11. As we're not attending the national event next weekend (I'm so over those!) we are parked in the pro pits. Asphalt, walking distance to starting line, one row over from the driver's lounge (full shower in the morning, not the RV, conserve the water shower!) Tech was quick and we've had a relaxing day.

After dinner Don & I went on our traditional walk of the road coarse here. It's a 1.5 mile walk, with 2 climbs. One, in particular, I call Mt. Sonoma. I swear it feels like I'm having a heart attack walking up that thing! We burned off our dinner calories, for sure.

As the pits are literally all along the road coarse it's hard to get a perspective of how many cars are here. Both Don & I think there are less cars than last year.

Activities start up tomorrow at 8:30. Stock is out 2nd, SS 4th.

The weather looks to be nice all weekend, highs in the 80's. As is typical here, the wind comes up in the afternoon. It's always always interesting dialing in for afternoon runs.