View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #12
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: New Indexs are up

But, Nick, the engine I run didn't run that fast the first year they were built. My car is 19 years old, the LT1 engine is 22. Lots of R&D. Just talking the last 12 months, how many cams, how many torque converters, how many transmission ratio changes, how many sets of headers, and sets of collectors do you have laying around that you tested, and are not as fast as what is on/in the car? Change rear gears, may need a different cam? Maybe bigger headers? Maybe the collectors? Do you have heads from two different shops, to find which are fastest? Ever try a different 2nd gear ratio? Besides days of dyno time? I have done all that this past year, need to have a garage sale. That is how most faster older cars are raced. The slower guys? Not so much. Does your local track contact you if somebody is renting the track for testing, to see "if you want in on this one too?" Mine often does.
I know Lloyd Wolford and his guys do. They also ran that SS/IA car Larry Stewart drove on 2 barrels most of the time. It was a rocket the first day it showed up, but they kept at it.
What is the problem? You have a class to run, and an index you should be able to run anytime. Should be fine for the bracket racing part, right? If not the easy class run offs and easy heads ups, why else so unhappy about it?

Last edited by Ed Wright; 01-29-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote