View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #18
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: New Indexs are up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
Ed, what about the easy heads up runs and class runoffs that your combination still enjoys? Is it okay for a 327 carb motor to run against your LT1 EFI car? If it's just a bracket race 95% of the time, please remind me why these changes were needed! In your response, please don't single out new car HP factors and conveniently over look the on-track performance of your combo!

And as you said, combine ALL sticks and autos and ALL of us lose the same amount of index and I'll be happy! However, I do feel automatic cars are at a disadvantage to stick cars from a performance stand point! Although, I'm just a driver so what do I know!

Nick
Nick, you seem like a very nice guy, I am not trying to offend anybody. I don't think anybody being honest about this, can honestly compare an LT1 to the new cars. They are better cars than older cars you mentioned. There are slow LT1s around, guys that don't work as hard.
I don't know what you have. People tend to notice more cars similar to their's, so you may have not noticed the slower LT1s.
But I have yet to see, for instance, a slow Drag Pak. No slow COPOs or CJs either. The slower DPs can still run almost a second under if they want to. About any COPO can, and the CJs I have seen can too. The faster DPs can run way under. Keith Lynch's Hemi in my class, SS/JA, was over a second under with a Stock Eliminator engine, and 9" tires. Last I noticed he was still foot braking too. Somebody as sharp as Keith, with SS ported heads, manifold, light pistons, narrow rings, light rotating assy, solid roller cam(s), high ratio shaft rockers, trans brake, big tires, a chassis by somebody like Eastexas or B&B, think how far under they could run.
They would run more like Lloyd Wolford's cars. If you have a DP, and can't run like that, you might want to talk to James Caro and Sonny Stancil. They can make those things fly.
Do you know there actually new stick cars in your new class you can't run with?

Last edited by Ed Wright; 01-29-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Still can't type....
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote