View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Ed, help me here

I knew I was in trouble when I saw my name. LOL
I don't spread LS very well any way. My dinosaur is an LT1. Last one was built in 1997.
The corvettes do have softer hp factors. Not as many, so of course the triggers not hit so much. The LS1 factors are soft. I know you understand chassis dyno drive Trans losses, my old '98 LS1 Trans Am convertible had an automatic Trans. That is an easy 20% loss. Factory hp rating was 320 (it was the ram air model), with only computer tuning tweaks, at 40000 miles, it made 336 at the tires. Never had a valve cover off, still had the factory spark plugs, fuel filter, and full factory exhaust.
If I was running one in GT, I would certainly claim it was from a Corvette.

Still, nowhere soft as the Drag Paks. You know that. Right now, it appears Ricky Decker has possibly (other than maybe Jeff Dona) the fastest LT1 (like mine, but faster) in SS. Several told me about seeing Larry Stewart (driving Lloyd's DP) playing with Ricky in the SS/IA class run offs at Indy, year before last. One guy told me he was at the scales when they ran, and it sounded like Larry started whopping the throttle about the 1/8th mile. Larry said "yeah, about there."

Surely, Jeff, you aren't 't trying to imply the LS1 is anywhere as bogus soft as the 360" DP? The DP 5.7 Hemi is right behind it. There are other soft combos, but not to that level.