View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #24
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: The Future Of The .90 Classes

I was talking about Super Street specifically, but I think ALL super classes should be under power all the way down the track without going on a throttle stop style device that makes them fall on their face while traveling down the race track. The main point I was trying to make was that there are WAY to many gadgets in the typical Super class cars. I know, if I don't care for this style of class, I should find another class to race in. I get it. I just think that their is no human element in a car where the electronic devices are doing all the work to make the car run the number. I'm sure you know as well as I do that the stands tend to clear out at a national event when the super classes come to the line. We (the racers) understand our classes, but the typical guy in the stands doesn't care much for cars that that fall on the throttle stop, then take back off again. Don't get me wrong on one point though. I don't care if there are people in the stands, I just want to race. But I just really think the super class rules and equipment have gone WAY to far with all the gadgets used in these class. One more point, if the rule book says Super Street uses a .500 tree, then it should be a .500 tree. Just because the pros have a hard time with the tree, doesn't mean they should change the sportsman tree, especially when the rule book specifically states ".500 Tree"
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote