View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
ATI Performance Products
Sponsor

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Legal seats for stock eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
I was just wondering this also, so are racing seats legal in stock? I originally wanted to keep my oem seats for the look but when I launch the seat kinda leans back and I have trouble seeing over the steering wheel as it is.
I was very happy to see a real racing seat allowed in stock. Yes for weight, but mainly for safety. The seat belts are what protect you....the seat keeps you in place when you are driving. How do you think a 50 lb, recliner seat will fair when you hit the wall head on at 100? It will fold you up against your seat belt. Our Challenger came with amazingly heavy Viper seats that moved forward and back and reclined. When we had to run them, I got them in place and welded them in that position. I asked Bruce B when the rule came out and any pretty much any racing seat was now legal. I have Kirkey's in both our cars. They both have to be the same....or so the rule says. Not sure about bench seats....but if you wanted to change them and cited safety concern it should be allowed. Don't forget you might be running a 150 mph stocker that breaks an axle one day at the strip and comes at you. You are the ultimately the one responsible for your own safety.