View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #28
BadBanana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: old Jr. Stock racers

Hey dahkahuna, I'm trying to figure out who I'm talking with. I see Paul refers to you as Tony so fill in the rest of the blanks for me (I'm old and senile). '83 was the last I ran the '69 Camaro at the Gatornationals, where I runner-uped. Then I built the '85 Monte Carlo SS for SS/GTA with the engine/trans out of the SS/EA car. I later switched to a 425 hp 454 combo, which really brought that car to life.
When they decided to let the shorter wheelbase Camaros in SS/GTA, I sold the Monte to Frank Brenniser from NJ, who continued to run it with some success, and I built the first of two late model Camaro SS/GTA cars, and had some success with both of them.
Speaking of SS/EA Camaro's, I ran into Tom Kurucz from Tom's Inc. on this site and remember that when I first got into the class, his Camaro was the one to beat in the Northeast.
I really liked my SS/EA car which worked pretty well seeing that is was still a ladder bar car.
Those were the days, my friend, that I miss. Haven't raced since the 1990 Gators; and if there is someone around the Raleigh, NC area that is interested in competing in Stock or Super Stock and would like a hand, let me know
BadBanana is offline   Reply With Quote