View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #30
Regan Wilson

Liked 125 Times in 65 Posts
Default Re: The Future Of The .90 Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
Coming to the Super classes from Comp Eliminator, I have no problem in wanting to go faster.. we keep building things bigger and faster, but remain in our respective classes.. many looked to TS and TD as a place to take our stuff to go faster.. unfortunately, as in my case, my body style is not acceptable in either.. many are in the same boat.. AND THEN, TS and TD spiraled out of control in the money area, which made them unattainable for many who really wanted to go fast.. SOOOOOOO, back to bracket racing for many..

I see no problem with dropping the indexes by a second in each class, and run off the same .370 tree in all classes.. all rules remain the same, except maybe the minimum weight for S/ST.. we may find that some SG guys, who run just enough power to run 9.90, will change to S/ST, and not have to spend money on a new combination.. and we already know that many S/ST folks can already run 9.90, especially if they can lose some weight..

Not a bad idea from where I'm sittin'.. I can't see where anyone gets hurt..
I agree with everything you said but the .370 tree. There are some SST cars that struggle with .470. And of course there's this dummy with a 3550lb truck.
Regan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote