View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #19
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Lack of NHRA support for Sportsman @ INDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedf22c View Post
Personally I always look forward to watching Stock/SuperStock class go down. I think that could be promoted and I think people would really enjoy it if they knew about it.

The rest of the show, how you qualify, dial in, eliminator, etc. people just aren't interested in.

A casual fan will never understand how a 13 second truck is the #1 qualifier when there are 8 second cars in the class. And how that 13 second truck and beat an 8 second car in eliminations.

I'm not knocking it, just giving a bit of a different perspective as someone that didn't grow up around this type of racing. I love it, but I can see why it's not popular.

I've given up trying to explain Comp to my friends and family. I get confused trying to explain it.
Yep.
90 % of the people who view drag racing on tv are not even aware of any classes other than the 4 pro classes. Not their fault, it's just been drilled into viewers heads since the 80's.

When I try to explain how Stock Eliminator works to people I know I confuse them, even tho I try to put it in the most simplest of terms.

When I explain to inquiring minds at the local tracks what is involved in setting NHRA national records, most end up saying "that's too much work"

My response is: "yes, and that is why very few racers attempt to set records"
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote