View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 08:49 AM   #6
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,659 Times in 525 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Announcement

I am mixed on this, as Lenny said, "it isn't a bad thing to have more of "our kind of racing" available." i totally agree, Now IHRA used to be a great venue, i was the world champ twice, once during the points and once during the one race takes all deal, (of which i hated). winning one race at the right time, doesn't necessarily make you the best.
oh well, i digress,
The reason i stopped racing with the Ihra was the lack of contingency. it just didn't make sense to travel to lose money or maybe break even. they also combined nationals and divisionals together and that took all the luster out of winning a national event, again, it was just who was lucky enough to win on saturday instead of sunday.
I would say if they bring our racing back they need to look hard at the Bill Bader days, Get rid of red tape, and treat the racers like they want us there! and have a good contingency list before they even try to have an event, I wish them luck, and if they get it right, i would support them, but in the northeast we already have the mid atlantic .90 series that is doing a great job of fulfilling the void....
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked