View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,529 Times in 1,975 Posts
Default Re: "Live" From The Columbus Points Race

Thanks Tom, George and Michael for posting your pictures! Everyone has a different perspective on things and it is always nice for everybody to show theirs. I think I will give up on taking shots down the track. I am just not very good at it!

So a little about the race in general this weekend. After a slow start for the rain on Friday, things seemed to run very well. The track hooked and the wind did not vary a lot so it did not play into dialing so much as at previous races. The weather was a little warm, but nothing compared to Chicago or Norwalk. In the evenings, it was very pleasant to sit outside and eat dinner and have some good conversations! I discovered a new drink--Lime a Rita--and never even had a glass of wine all weekend! I wish we had done a little better racing, but Mr. Traupman's .001 light got the better of us!

So now we are off to the north to race in Stanton, Michigan next weekend and spend a little time with our friends Al and Bev Provoast on the way. We will see you back here next weekend!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote