View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #151

Liked 117 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost K/SA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
With regards to the aluminum block/heads, 4 valve per cyl, double overhead cam 3.7 v6;
The three I've drove (one being my daily driver in a f150) works fine, floor it and at 3000rpm it starts to pull hard. It doesn't "nose over" on its way to the factory shift point of 6750RPM!! This is a pick up motor! I thought it was a fluke but have driven two new transit vans with the same motor and same results.

So, in a mustang with loose converter and some gear? I can't imagine it NOT being a rocket. First gear in the 6spd is quite low so 4.56 would probably be as low as you need otherwise the 1-2 shift would be before the first revolution of the tire. lol.

Bottom line, I see a ton of potential in this engine, good flowing heads/strong bottom end and the throttle valve seems to be a good size too although I've never actually measured it. Love to see one run.
Don't know if the engine is tuned the same in trucks as it is in the Mustang, but it feels pretty peppy in the Mustang too.

Ford lists the power peak at 6,500 rpm and the torque peak at 4,250 rpm, so it would need a pretty loose converter and some gearing.

The Stock Classification tool lists the throttle body as being 2.913" (74mm).

And first gear in the 6R60 transmission is 4.171.
6130 is offline   Reply With Quote