View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals II

Every event I've attended this year, people have commented or asked about the Northern Class Nationals, not just days or weeks after, but months! Your enthusiasm and excitement about the Inaugural Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals has been matched by the sponsors as well.

My partner in Loose Rocker Promotions, Anthony Walton and I do expect to produce the event again in 2015. We have just waited longer this year as there has been a great deal of shuffling in the calendar of NHRA National events and/or holidays that will likely cause some changes in LODRS scheduling, so we plan to wait until those schedules are out to finalize ours.

The basis of the event will remain unchanged, with a little something for everyone, from heads-up Class Eliminations for the go-fast guys, to a big-money S/SS Combo Warmup, and of course the $5,000-to-win traditional eliminators for both Stock and Super Stock.

The Quick 32 program ended up with a much larger spread in the qualifying times than expected. In order to tighten things up to see some more competitive racing and to be able to raise the purse a little, I'd like to run a single Quick 32 CIC Shootout, featuring the Top 16 Stock and Top 16 Super Stock. We'll study and playtest last year's results to determine where the CIC trigger needs to be set.

Last year, we separated out the factory race cars into their own "FX" classes to negate any issues of heads-up runs with 'traditional' Stockers. We only had 9 such cars, and did not see a bump of 'old' cars coming out of retirement, so it may not make sense to continue that program. We could run Factory Stock (with some index adjustments), which would be a nice showcase in Class Eliminations, and still act to keep some of the 'new' and 'old' cars separate. It appears that NHRA has gotten their FS/A and FS/B program sorted out better than last year, making it viable for 2015. I'd like to do something with "Factory Pro Stock" (SS/AA & SS/AAA), but I'm not sure that there are enough cars are out there yet that will all show up at the same time.

As always, this is an independent event, so there is no AHFS.

For those of you who missed the inaugural event or would like to relive it, check out these links:
RESULTS: http://dragstory.com/forum/index.php/board,129.0.html
VIDEO: http://motormaniatv.com/?page_id=3105

ROBZNEED4SPEED Videos:
Gharrett Ghezzi's 250' Wheelstand:
Stock Qualifying:
Super Stock Qualifying:
SS/K Shootout: