View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals II

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
I'm still paying for the first one. I'll have to watch this one on the internet. I had awesome help financially but it still cost a ton to do it. Good luck it was great to be at the first one. I've had alot of people ask me about the K deal. I may work on it again but I won't be a participant in the race.
That's completely understandable, and we can't thank you enough for your support. I've made the trip from OH or NC to San Antonio three times, so I know the drill! It'd be great if we could grow this event to the point where we could have a Southern Class Nationals to match the Northern, but that will take a lot of time to build, and commitment from a lot of racers. Maybe someday!

(Just thinking out loud follows...)
The SS/K was a great feature during Class Eliminations. Maybe it would make sense to share the love and feature a different class each year, or do an all-stick shootout as Hammer suggested -- something that I've thought about for quite some time. With anything separate from Class or the other regular programs, time management can become an issue. We've got a lot going on, and anticipate an additional 50+ cars next year, so we have to be careful not to overload things.

One simple thing we could do is run an all-Stick race concurrent with Saturday's S/SS Combo, and advance the winner into the next round of the S/SS Combo.