View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts
Default Re: Carguy49's Road Trip

Well, here it is the 7th already. We did a little sightseeing on the way and got to Rapid City late Sunday. Saw some light snow out side of Butte and some light rain in a couple of spots. Oh, when we got up one morning it was 34 degrees, kind of cold, HUH.

On Monday we saw Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. Very cool, but was foggy at Crazy Horse. My wife had never seen either of these, so was very impressed. Mt. Rushmore has changed dramatically in the 25 years since I had seen it.

On Tuesday we drove out to Wall Drug and spent a few hours looking at all the stuff (had some homemade pie there)and then went down to the Badlands National Park. Neither of us had seen that attraction so we spent some time and took several pictures.

Today we begin our journey back west. So first we will stop in Sturgis and take some pictures and then on to Devil's Tower. Who knows what else we will stop and see. Kind of just going where the wind blows or, if we see a sign and like it, we go to that.
We are having a ball and the weather, overall, has been very good.

Well that is it for now. I am sure I have forgotten something, but we keeping very good log of our trip and will let you all know more when we get back, whenever that will be.