View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #5382
polyglas

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT69AMX View Post
Question for the community. I have not read through the entire 500+ page thread.

So where exactly was the BUILDING
that the 1968 HURST HEMI DART and BARRACUDA
cars were actually BUILT IN located and what was it's Street Address ?

It was called 'The BUDMAN BUILDING' by the Hurst folks.
It is 'almost' in Madison Heights, MI, but actually just to the east over the Oakland County and Macomb County Line in 'Center Line' township or district or 'city'.

Understanding is the 1968 Hurst Hemi Dart and Barracuda cars were NOT built at the Hurst Performance Research Building located at 1191 East Eleven Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI which still stands today in 2019, and it is funny, because on Google Maps Street view, the 'guy' actually drove all around that building which normally isn't done, but I have a stinkin' suspicion just why 'he' did drive all around that particular building - LOL
Ok, so are you asking what the actual street address is for the building? The way you describe the "budman building" you know approximately where the building in question is, but are seeking the street address?
I think there has been pictures posted in this thread of the hemi A bodies at Hurst undergoing the conversion work back in the day. Besides you, I'm not sure if anyone noted an exact location. I would guess also that the S/S AMXs were also produced at this building? How about some of the Oldsmobile work? Can anyone verify?
Maybe I'm mixing memories up but was this Hurst facility the place that eventually became Cars&Concepts or am I way off ?

Very interesting the street view vehicle went right into the compound at the former Hurst Research building lol thanks for that info
polyglas is offline   Reply With Quote