View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #5385
Old Yellow RR

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyglas View Post
Ok, so are you asking what the actual street address is for the building? The way you describe the "budman building" you know approximately where the building in question is, but are seeking the street address?
I think there has been pictures posted in this thread of the hemi A bodies at Hurst undergoing the conversion work back in the day. Besides you, I'm not sure if anyone noted an exact location. I would guess also that the S/S AMXs were also produced at this building? How about some of the Oldsmobile work? Can anyone verify?
Maybe I'm mixing memories up but was this Hurst facility the place that eventually became Cars&Concepts or am I way off ?

Very interesting the street view vehicle went right into the compound at the former Hurst Research building lol thanks for that info

The building still stands where the 68 A Bodies were built. east of the McDonalds, on 10 Mile Road. I was last in the building in early 68, they were lined up inside, the old Hurst Hairy Olds was inside covered in dust with flat tires, and all kinds of stuff. I think i sat in every one of those A bodies, I was 16 at the time - wish i would have known the importance of those cars, i would have collected more info on them and the vins of those there. Who knew.
Old Yellow RR is offline   Reply With Quote