View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #44
Mike Mans

Liked 300 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Tru start poll Division 6

Personally - I think all of us that built any cars like to experience any type of "advantage" we may have. That being said, I can PERSONALLY say that in the last 18 months I have red lighted more than I care to admit - and there was nobody in the other lane red-lighting so I lost the races fair and square on my own. And I can't remember the last time I've been chased - so it made zero difference in my race outcomes. As a race promoter or organization, I can completely understand the view to make this a standard practice to employ TruStart. As an individual competitor trying to win, I am fine with the system as it is today - but I won't race any less if this rule were to change.

It would be very interesting to see a simple stat of just how many times in a full season of Stock or Super Stock and see how many race outcomes would even be affected by this? I would bet it is less than 5% of races. This really is not a common thing in my opinion to see double red-lights. Partially because faster cars can many times see the red light shining on the other side of the tree and I can guess that leads to the faster car drivers "missing" the tree from that distraction. Just a guess.

Mike Mans
Mike Mans is offline   Reply With Quote