View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #21
69hurstsc

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Help find the history of this 64 Savoy Lightweight

Well, first it's not mine :-) It's a friends car. I really enjoy the researching the history of cars. It's a passion of mine. There's not much better of a feeling than when you can connect a current owner with an original owner of someone from the past who hasn't thought about the car years.

We'd like to find it's history and restore the car back to how it was Day 1. We know it was delivered to Jack Rieger Chrysler Plymouth per Darrell Davis' book on 1964 Stage III and Supercommando cars. Could it have been dealer traded out of there? Possible. We also know that the car was located in Pasadena, TX in the late 80's and featured the Division 4 lettering you see in the pics.

I've been in touch with all the Division 4 people (Tech administrators, archivists,) and some vaguely remember the car but can't fully identify who may have owned it. There records on the taped numbers go back to 1990 and this number had already been given to another car at that time. So, this car ran that number prior to 1990.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barnes View Post
Man, what a cool car! If I owned it I might park it in my living room and watch it instead of TV. What are you going to do with it?
69hurstsc is offline   Reply With Quote