View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,792 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Some Englishtown observations.

Stock Eliminator is alive and well in Div.1 and 5! 116 here and 97 in Earlville!

And that being said, I know that nobody forces me to go to these races but..........116 cars and only quarter finalists or better(that's the last 8 cars) made back their entry fee. Come on NHRA.

I love James Perrone's SS/GA /street/ show quality/ low 10 sec. Shoebox!

I was born and raised in Jersey. Island Dragway will always be home. Maple Grove will always be that beautiful track in the hills of Pa. BUT I can remember going to Englishtown as a young man and standing on the starting line thinking, "This must be what it's like to be Mickey Mantle standing at home plate in Yankee Stadium!". Nothing else in Drag Racing could compare to this!

Well, a whole lot of years have passed since that day and it's still a great race track BUT it could sure use a little TLC and a few bucks spent on it. The Napp Brothers legacy deserves better.

I had tears running down my cheeks when the National Anthem was played to the flag at half mast. 9-11 was very close to home here for everyone. There were Heroes of that day here racing with us this weekend. Thank you all.

Thank you to all of our Veterans who sacrificed so that that National Anthem can be played.

Colin Kaepernick and those other NFL players who took a knee when the National Anthem was played should be required to spend a day helping out in the local Veteran's Hospital in the city that their game is in that week!

116 and 97! 223 Stockers just this weekend! Doing very well in deed!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote