View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #3
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Some Englishtown observations.

Can't agree with you guys more. Yesterday was a somber day of national observance. Yesterday, our local Irwindale track had it's final Summit race of the season. The Racers for Christ chaplain led us through a moment of silence, then a very eloquent spontaneous prayer, and we wrapped the season up. I actually won enough this year to pay for all my entry fees and some lunch at the track besides. I had no breakage or mechanical issues all year, I'm very fortunate, except for a wheel stud issue at Fontana, no real damage done, and I agreed with all three of the points brought out in the second post. I had a friend from Jersey that raced a long time ago at Island, he had a rather nonconventional car that shouldn't have worked, but it did, (61 Impala, 348/250 horse 4 speed in O/S, )it ran under for him, and he told me about the hallowed ground of Englishtown. Sounds like our Pomona in it's historical context. Sounds like you guys both had a good time last weekend, may they never stop happening! Oh,yes. #3. Retiring is a real blast!
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote