View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
fordteacherguy

Liked 147 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: 89 mustang stock elim project

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejan1975 View Post
OK so the "get ready for spring" definitely did not happen.

Busy life takes priority!

I started work on the shortblock and didn't get very far. Opened up the oil drain back channels at the front/rear of the block and added vents to the 3 holes that would have oil drain on the rotating assembly. Crank is in, cam installed/degreed and that's it!

My plan was to try and do the valve job on the heads myself w/ an old grinder set i picked up, but i don't have the time to invest. I'm going to take them to the local machine shop and get a good 3 angle job. Nothing too trick right now, i'm not worried about the heads too much until i get the thing down the track, dialed in etc. I know it won't be super competitive, but baby steps . . .

Also, i'm second guessing using the stock valves i bought. i got a good price on a new set, but they are so dang heavy and the different retainer location on the exhaust valve will just complicate things.

Any recommendations for what valves to run for E7TE heads? stock size is 1.78/1.46. I think if i get a better set of valves and back cut the intake, even without putting a bunch of time/money into the heads, i shoudl improve the flow some based on what i've read.

already have springs that i think will work.

Thanks in advance
Valve Recommendation: Manley 11572 Intake/11523 Exhaust Note: Must cut down exhaust diameter to 1.450 specs (well no more than +.005) larger or you will be DQ'd.
as spec is 1.45 NOT std SBF 1.465. I like trick flow beehives 15404 for a spring , there are some other Trick flows beehives that have a little more rate.

Good Luck!

Brian
fordteacherguy is offline   Reply With Quote