View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 12:06 AM   #29
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: more news from NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully3358 View Post
Coca Cola paid $5.7M per year. Roughly 6% of the NHRA’s annual revenue. I found that to be surprisingly low.
I saw the same figure as you.....30 million for a 6 year deal. Plus, $2 million a year for enhancements (I hate the word. Lol). Like the Mello Yello experience, shooting t shirts out of the cannon. Semi and personal. So, roughly 36 million for a 6 year deal. Draw your own conclusion as to whether that is a lot of money or not.
My "gut" feeling is that they can work it out, and will. It has been too good of partnership for so long. If you read the law suit, you will notice that Coke made a pretty good offer before walking away. IMO, NHRA has to cut Pro expenses to survive. I read a comment by a fuel racer...."it costs $200,000 for me to race one race. If I win, I only get $50,000"...he is in the wrong business.. I haven't figured the payout plus the end of year payouts for fuel cars, would be easy enough to do.......for sure, the expense has surpassed the value for fuel cars, and if you are drag racing to get rich......try something else. Hope it works out.