View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 08:14 PM   #14
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,045 Times in 275 Posts
Default Re: Read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Diehl View Post
and that's why the sport continues to decline, you only have the folks with disposable, or excess income out there...everybody else is sitting on the sidelines.

now, it the purse was $125,000-$150,000+......

think about it

I'd hate to think anyone, except maybe those as good at it as Dan Fletcher and was doing it for a living, was racing on anything other than disposable income, it would not be very wise.

The vast majority of sportsman racers have always been doing it on disposable income. Those who are not, and are not doing it on someone else's money (sponsored), most likely will not be doing it for long.

And once again, I do not really understand what the cost of anyone's rig has to do with any of this. It certainly does not have any effect on how many cars you can get to race, or how many fans you can put in the stands, if you really want to promote a race and make money. And continue to do so. I can assure you that guys like Michael Beard do not care in the least what people haul their race cars to his races in, so long as they show up and put on a great racing show.