Thread: Read this
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #18
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
That Division Director needs to look at his business model. Customers with disposable income are good for business. I seriously doubt any of his customers paid for their rigs with purse or contingencies from his races.

It's a really big problem when small time guys like Michael Beard (not a knock at Michael at all, and he knows it) can promote a race, pay good money, and make money, but NHRA can't seem to make it happen at their races. Someone is doing something really wrong, and it sure ain't Michael.
That pic in my avatar was taken at union grove Wisconsin 35 years ago,...at that time the closest other track, Byron was paying 1000 to win per week and held the first 10,000 to win cash nationals. George Rupert won that first race. That car to the left was built with an investment of around 10,000 dollars, today those same parts cost nearly 100,000...granted some parts today are better and hence the pricetag

The bottom line is....the payouts or "purse" of today is pitfull, compared to what the return on investment was years ago.

The mindset of "just give everybody a trophy" just does not cut it in the real world...to prove that point, there is less people in the "game" today than there was 35 years ago.

I was watching ESPN several hrs ago and scrolling across the bottom of the screen was all the new "contracts" that basketball stars were signing 15,40 25 30, 12 MILLION dollars for 1,2 and 3 year contracts.

folks....its all about the money period! don't let anybody BS you into otherwise. on that note, I will say that I could care less what anybody else spends on there stuff...but I do care what I can get out my investment as do others ... we can probably fill the next 10 pages with guys that gave parked there stuff because of it

carry on

Last edited by Bill Diehl; 07-02-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote