Thread: Gator Nationals
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 11:28 AM   #5
Dewdlebug

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Gator Nationals

After not being able to log in and complete my waiver form in the required 4.2 seconds for the remaining 7 spots when registration re-opened yesterday, I spent way more time than I should have reviewing the entry list against the listed grade points for each entry in SG using the available open data from NHRA. My findings were disturbing. Well over half the field was ineligible to enter at the grade 8 entry point. I reached out to my DD and was told that the list of racers who had early entered had been canvased by others and that they were told all entries were qualified(?). I was told that I couldn't just use the data (LODRS points) as a basis since there are a slew of Nat Opens, Super Quick Series, provisionals, combination grading where a racer could accumulate the required grade points. And that those other methods may not openly post accumulated grade points but that they (NHRA) had access to it. I agreed with some of that response, but it brought me to another question...why isn't it publicly available? And in fact, Why wouldn't we just have a separate category sorted by total racer grade points.
If you want to have racers believe that things are done in fairness and not nefarious actions taking place then NHRA should be transparent with the data. Additionally NHRA should explain exactly what happened and their actions which will insure that it doesn't happen again.
Dewdlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked