View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Holly HP EFI-- Idle & IAC Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkBrosMav View Post
Anyone have some decent pointers and/or starting points on how to improve start up and idle on a Holley HP system on a 88 Ford 302 using the stock Ford IAC? We've had this deal on the car a couple years now and the drivability down the track has been great.. starting it to get there and sometimes stalling it up smoothly has been inconsistent to terrible to say the least. I've done some research but I just don't know enough to put it all together and make the car happy.

Any help or pointers would be great.

Thanks
Brad
Nobody has spoke up so I'll try to help a little. I have a dozen or so tunes in class cars and have gotten completely away from using the IAC.I tried using mine in my personal car, but it has more disadvantages than advantages. I used a IAC all one summer and I think they are a waste of time. Its hard to keep them from surging around with the camshafts we use. And I don't see why its needed? It's just one other thing to mess with. If using the Holley, "uncheck/disable" the IAC in your settings and work on your idle/off idle areas a little ..