View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 05:00 PM   #20
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Tech west / 7AL2 problem

I think I finally found my problem. I bought a tech west box from another racer. We switched it out yesterday. There is definitely something wrong with my box. Even though MSD says it’s fine. On top of just totally acting up at times. When the car was cold it didn’t exactly idle great below 13-1500 rpms. And in the winter of for some reason I needed to start it and the car was cold. You had to feed it some throttle to keep it going. I figured it was mostly my tune up. But have never iced the car at the track. And I usually want it about 130° at the beginning of a run. So it’s never been a problem really. We’ll it was 38° in the shop yesterday. And it’ll fire right up now. We started it and shut it off hot, cold, got it hot and filled it off. Probably started it 30 times yesterday and 15-20 today. It’s fine and you can literally tell it idles better. So we switched it back again today. And you can tell something is going on. Not saying Pats work cured it. But if you have a suspect MSD box. Not sure I’d send it to MSD to be checked. I’m going to send this box to Tech West and let him test it. But after several years. I think I found my electrical problem FINALLY. Now I just gotta get me fixed so I can go racing again.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked