View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #11
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: Military Exchanges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
I saw that. It is a step in the right direction. If it helps any veteran, I am all for it. I know that it will next fall before implementation. I also compared some current prices on AAFES items and they seem to be a little higher. The savings could come in no sales tax.

In my case, that doesn't make much difference because I live in Maricopa County and do not get hit with city tax when ordering on Amazon.

The big deal for me will be commissary benefits. Not in the works yet for disabled vets unless 100%, active duty, medal of honor or retired. I'm 90%.
I am a terrible bargain shopper but right before Christmas I called the NEX in Fallon asked them about price matching, they said they did. They matched Amazon on a 27" Retinal iMac, then they where having a sale and knocked $150 off, on top of that they handed me a scratcher, I scratched one of the dots for an additional 5% off for a total of $245 saving. In California, it was convenience and no 8.87% tax. Keep in mind all the Exchanges support Morale, Welfare and Recreation, which in turn supports the troops.
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote