View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #25
OkieRocket

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Winters Shifter Adjustment...is killing me!!

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y at last.......yahoo!!....What an ordeal!!

After 2 months of fighting my new Winters Shifter and its "mating" to my new Rossler TH400, I have FINALLY figured it out and fixed my problem....

It ended up being the difference in the Shifter "Bracket & Lever" vs. the specific "geometry" of the Rossler Transmission. I ended up making my own Transmission Shift Lever (i.e., on approx. a 1/16" or so slightly larger and more offset "Arc") and also new Transmission Pan Bracket (approx. 3/4" or so lower and approx. 1/2" or so further forward on the Cable Mounting position on the Bracket).

Once I installed my "new" Bracket & Lever and tested it on the Transmission, it worked perfectly! The ball stud on the Shift Lever lined up perfectly with each gear shift to each position (P, R, N, 1, 2, and 3)....I couldn't believe it!.........It FINALLY works!...... I didn't even have to "modify" the Gate Plate on the Winters Shifter. It worked perfectly.

Glad I'm finally past this "hurdle!"........[I]Hopefully, this info. might help others out there with the same problem.

THANKS to everyone for their input!

Harold
OkieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked