View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #46
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Gator class teardowns

Now I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do have a puppy that I'm growing to be in the fight. I will be just a rookie in the Super/Stock thing, but it seems to me that one of the main issues of the NHRA folks, is they won't run IHRA because of the policing of the class rules on cars. Now it seems that NHRA is slipping down to IHRA tear down status. Does that mean that some will now come over to IHRA?
Check this out:
And second, why couldn't they "tech mark" engine components, to be checked later on the winners of heads up runs only in the eliminator. They could do that on a case by case basis. In other words, If a race was decided by something other than horsepower (where both cars ran full to the stripe), i.e. red light, cross the center line, obviously spun the tire, etc. in which case a car would not be marked because the run was obviously compromised, and not due to one car being faster. Now, if the two cars had a good pass together, the loser could wave the marking should they desire. But if the loser wanted the car marked, and then torn down and checked at the end of the day... should the winner be illegal, then the loser of the heads up run must be checked in the same way... and if found to be in compliance.... the original winner of the heads up that was dirty pays 5K to the loser, who after all... should have continued in eliminations, but was pushed out by an illegal entry. If the loser was dirty in the same way as the dirty winner, the winner pays nothing, and both are checked before the next race. If there's no heads up runs, the barn stays empty. Because it's a dial in race at that point anyway. Cheaters would think twice about it, if it would cost them 5K if caught out of compliance by NHRA rules. And the loser would think twice before protesting the winner, because he would have to come down as well, should the winner be dirty....to be declared legal and claim the 5K

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote