Thread: Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #28
rboyle

Liked 554 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I like any kind of car racing. NPK is very high dollar heads up format no different than any pro NHRA category. The real difference is the TV coverage and the story line and personalities that accompany the shows. Those races pay big money 40K to win and a championship bonus at the end. So right there its a better pay day than NHRA in most cases. It is winner take all though. Jegs and Summit seem to be involved in all aspects of auto racing so it makes sense that they would get involved either by competing or sponsorship
NHRA is really behind the times on their social media and TV coverage. That seems to be hurting our side of things right now
Totally agree. Funny, they give zero numbers or math. No reaction times, ET or MPH either. I think the average fan can understand " gotta go A to B" better than "I was double Oh Three on the tree, holding two and dropped him at the 1000 and ran dead on with a 2". NHRA though also gets some of the blame. Promote the racers. Not just the Pro's, maybe the Worlds fastest Factory Stock CobraJet vs the Fastest Copo in Factory Stock! The old radio ads were legendary, and worked! They even popped up in the movie Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. It drew you in. SUNDAY Sunday sunday...
rboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked