View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
AJ Laferty

Liked 24 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Has there ever been a 4 cyl. car run in the 11's in Stoc

They are relatively heavy, auto trans would have to go since it is delicate, rear gears are hard to find, I can go on. I autox and bracket race my 2009 solstice (NA). Worst thing I've had to deal with is the electric throttle (seems to open/close when it wants to) and the granny controls on the engine management system. Another problem is the interior is very confined, so putting a cage in would require someone smaller than my 6 foot 3, 232 pound frame...helmet sticks out above the windshield now...

Since it is primarily an autox car, rules prevent me from changing much of that stuff. Still, it corners exceptionally well, and the brakes have kept many a deer from my windshield. one local autox championship 2012-didn't compete last year because of govt furloughs.

No doubt, under stock class rules, they could be made to run well, especially putting in a different trans/converter.

Big heavy wheels all around, stock are 18x8. I believe smallest front wheel would be a 16 inch due to brake size.

attached is Sunday's autox in Virginia Beach.

Jeff Laferty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13864848243_2d281c77ce_b.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	23421  

Last edited by AJ Laferty; 04-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.
AJ Laferty is offline   Reply With Quote