View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #24
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Does IHRA run "class?"

Its really a shame that only 10-20 or so cars show up at a lot of the races outside of the Carolinas. I guess its just a vicious circle. If IHRA checked fuel more, weighed cars more often (most tracks for the pro-ams use portable scales where you have to start and stop/start twice to get on/off the scales), maybe more people would show up.
But my guess in not in most areas of the country. Unfortunately, in a lot of the country, a lot of the races are far away, and when people are spending over $1000 to get to a race, most die-hards are going to go to an NHRA event. I think that the current ownership of IHRA is trying to do all they can to re-build the brand, but its going to take a long time. When only a handful of cars show up for a pro-am, its hard to get the tracks to keep having them and who would blame them. That's just more of the vicious circle though because if more tracks had points races, then more racers would be entering because the tracks are probably closer to their home. If they start collecting points, they are more likely to travel to other tracks. If there is more competition, it would make sense to check fuel more and scale more............
No one is right or wrong. It is just determined by your personal situation and what you want out of the sport you choose to spend your money on.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote