View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #4
Barry Polley

Liked 555 Times in 230 Posts
Default Re: Beadlock wheels on a stocker? Why or why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Beadlocks wheels are required when you have a very high power engine to prevent the tire from rotating in the rim such as Top Sportsman, Pro Stock, etc... and when the rules require them.

The small tire guys run pseudo street radials and use beadlock wheel to stretch and keep the tire on the rim. Nevertheless, I have seen a few small tire guys go fast without beadlocks.

Over than the "cool" look, as applicable to a Stock or Super Stock car, they are not necessary. They are also heavier and many drill the wheels and use screws to retain the tie to the rim in lieu of using beadlocks.

Save your money and use standard lightweight wheels like everyone else.
Really? With the 1000+++ hp stockers here and a stuck 10 inch (9) tire, ( zero wheel speed) there is no reason not to run Bead Locks. 140- 150 on a std rim?? It becomes a safety issue. Not many will give up maybe a hundredth for a safe tire and rim combo. My A car moves the tire .250 +/- more per pass with a best of 1.29 60 foot and average bracket mode of 1.31-1.32. I have tried other rims, glue etc... still moves and is best just clean. As we know... No screws in radials... I have see AA cars move them more than we do. How many people actually look?
Thanks Stocker 396, I am looking at Beads..