View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #20
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts
Default Re: Any Wideband o2 that records?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wright View Post
Bobby,

Are you logging battery voltage? If so see where the battery voltage is durring the run when it is not reading correctly. I had an O2 sensor that would work intermittentaly and give me a flat 20 AFR reading on the run. The problem was my battery voltage was dropping to around 11.4 volts on the run. I replaced the battery and it worked fine after that. Also make sure the O2 sensor is turned on at least 30 seconds prior to recording your run. It has a heater element in it that must come up to temperature in order to work correctly. If you turn on everything prior to your burnout you should be ok. However if you are the type that turns on your system right before you stage, make sure the O2 heater is on prior to that.
My battery is 11.5 V at idle and then at WOT it's 13.7 with the alternator. Should I be turning the key on and letting the sensor warm up before starting the car? First things first I am going to send the ECM wires straight to the battery negative post and see if that helps anything.