View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #17
Matt Welker

Liked 67 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Provisional Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I agree Ed but right now I think it benefits them more. It's really a win for them, makes it easier to sell the divisional races to the tracks if they know it will take 6 to 8 grade points to enter their Nationals. I would be willing to bet they use that as a selling point. They can almost guarantee X number of cars to the divisional races based on how many grade points it takes to enter a National. Pretty genius really I almost admired the business model.
I think just the opposite. Most guys can't make 6+ Divisional events, so then why go to any? It's like the different between .2-.8 under vs a 1 under car in a heads up, you have very little chance.

I think double event weekends and association races with heads up will be come more popular. We don't see any ROI on Nat/Div or any reason other than ego and a Wally for NHRA races.

Playing the middle game on grade points and continually being locked out and frustrated doesn't seem attractive compared to the same time, travel, and expenses to attend one of these big money racers or a multi-race weekend association race. You may see us at a CCRA double race this year!
Matt Welker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked