View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #23
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Pro-Am, Ashcroft, BC - May 20 -23

The details surrounding the 5 Divsion 6 Pro-Am's are now a little fuzzier? A few weeks ago I asked Mike Baker if we would be allowed to attempt records at the division 6 Pro-Ams. He indicated that IHRA is not yet set-up to do that out west. I asked the question because IHRA does not allow for records to be run at National Events. So far no way to set records in division 6.

I was not aware that the Division 6 Pro-Ams this year will not contest the full compliment of classes which also means no contingency payout if the program is the same as the Salt Lake Nitro-Jam Stock/SS Combo. The Rocky Mountain Raceway in Salt Lake is kicking in the purse to entice folks to come and race IHRA, which based on the list of committed racer's in the RMR post, seems to be having a positive effect. The goal here is to prove to IHRA that there are enough stock and super stock racers interested in the IHRA program so that in future years we get the full compliment of classes at the National and Pro-Am events.

Make no mistake, I am definitely on board for the alternative of IHRA out west and I know all great things take time, however, as a business owner I think it would be prudent for IHRA via Mike, Skooter or Aaron to send out a communication regarding the format of the Pro-Ams in division six this season to eliminate any confusion as to what these events are or are not.

I will email Mike and Skooter on this and would encourage anyone reading this post to do the same.

My perception is that there is a lot of excitement and buzz surrounding IHRA's expansion out west to offer an alternative to NHRA and IHRA has been working hard to secure tracks out west. I would hate to see the racer enthusiasm turn negative due to misunderstanding during this time of IHRA's expansion out west.

Combo or not, I believe it is worth supporting this organization's efforts to build this division.

Mike or Skooter anything to add to this post?
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote