View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #17
Dave Noll

Liked 219 Times in 105 Posts
Default Re: What Stock rules would you change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Nyhus View Post
While keeping the basic premise of 'Stock' and not morphing into Super Stockers, what Stock rules would you like to see changed?

Think about things that would make the cars easier to build, certain areas less costly, allow for a bit more experimentation and make the cars safer.

OK, I'll start:
- Relax the rules on oil pans
- Allow spacers, etc. between the carb(s) and intake
I like relaxing the oil pan rule, carb spacers and 91 pump gas. The air the engine ingests still has to pass thru a stock carb and intake. Pump gas would be cheaper but might be harder to enforce. I ask the buyer at a oil & gas distributor what brand they used, his response was "whatever is cheapest", But I think that could be made to work. Roller lifters will make things easier but not cheaper, IMHO. They could make them stock lift roller cams. Yes stockers today are what Super stock was years ago but when have rules ever been rescinded? Yes its happened but its rare. These are race engines, we'll never "eliminate" breakage. We Can ease it though. I like qualified pairings. I get the idea behind lockup converters but I'm a No on this.