View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Nostalgia stock ?

I thought Id start some more "poop" and come up with a new thread. Maybe its time for stockers (and S/S cars) to be broken down into 2 different catagories. With most GOOD stockes being around 40+ years old and with the influx of these high dollar "Package" so called stockers maybe there should be a Nostalgia stock (and S/S) eliminator and a NEW car stock (?) eliminator. Without the HP factors being more correctly aligned just about evey class from AA to around J or K is going to be trashed when these new engine combos hit the tracks. A lot of these new guys coming into stock dont even understand what the rules are for stock (and the old guys also) because the rules have NOT been enforced and have been allowed to get carried away for years. I used to be impressed when someone set a record or went really fast 25 or 30 years ago now it just means that they spent BIG $$$$ and have gotten away with bogus parts/tricks that are blessed by tech officials who either dont care, dont know, or are buddies with the racer. The NHRA we used to know is extinect like the muscle cars we used to know and love. I dont call the new ways and cars progress.....Its just a dumbing down of what it used to be. Flames and comments are welcome.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 01-09-2010 at 12:33 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote