View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
Matt Cramer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: MegaSquirt system on stockers?

Matt from tech support here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10stocker View Post
Thanks Drooze for the inpute. Your secret is safe with me. I was looking on that site yesterday and I came across the Challenger and said to myself"I wonder if that is that Drooze guy's car." Well I guess we know who that sponser was you were talking about. Sorry for doubting BTW. What I was mainly concerned with was the limits of the MS as in RPM, Odd vs. Even fire 4.3s and so on.
The highest RPM I've seen the MegaSquirt used at was around 16,000. The only time I've seen one "run out of RPM" has been more along the lines of sensor compatibility issues.

Even fire is a lot easier to handle but the MS2/Extra code will run odd fire motors too.

Quote:
I was also wondering about the MAF. I would like to try a AN,SD, and a MAF setup for speed and that other one. You know, the thing that helps you in bracket racing. I believe it starts with a C. Anyway, Thanks again. And yes it sucks being #1qualifier at a race in 08 and being bottom of the sheet in 2010 moreover the fact I was on the tree all weekend. I just can't seem to put me and that truck on the same page. YET
GM MAFs are not all that easy to use with the MS - I know, kind of surprising given that GM sensors are usually the default. Support for frequency based MAFs is planned for MS3 but not there yet. I have seen some people use frequency to voltage converters to make them work but this is nowhere near easy and very much a use at your own risk idea.

Ford MAFs are a bit easier. However, most of the knowledge in the user community revolves around speed density and alpha-N.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote