View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #33
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: 2016 NHRA National Events Quotas

I can't put into words the way NHRA does business, they push away car counts when most tracks would beg to get the participation from racers. Their batting average is also terrible towards tracks that used to be in their fold. As a business, I don't understand how NHRA stays afloat paying big salaries to a limited few and nothing in caparison to purses for the racers that race NHRA. You would think that NHRA would have an open invitation to any race for any racer who wants to go. The excuse of limited parking is a ploy is to keep everyone that it is "special" to be able to go to national events. Sort of Harley Davidson when they only make a certain amount of motorcycles a year they were "special", not that way anymore.
I went to the Foot Brake challenge in Bristol, the car count wasn't the same as a NHRA national event. But the promoters had cold water everyday for the racers and a thank you BBQ for the racers also. Prizes for best losing packages were a part of the race along with smiles The biggest part of it was that the entry fee matched the purse, not the same as NHRA's way of thinking.
I will still race the NHRA races when they allow me.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote