View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts
Default Re: How will an Accountant feel with the less entries to eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
WOW if a person can multiply the number of race entries allowed times say 25 less entries into those races times 25 races the amount of money they are leaving on the table is huge > wonder how the accountants feel about that ?
wow of there were no sportsman in the pits how would a fan feel about the deserted pits look like no one is racing .I wonder what a accountant would feel about that ,say if there were no sportsman in the pits about the lack of money ?? just some questions . during my down time lol
Even if its 65 cars in S/SS, not counting Top`s and Super`s ( 130x330=21,450), the money isn`t going to be easy to replace. If they can shorten events by one day (+20-25% reduction in operations), who knows what that saves. The fans do pay to see the Fuelers etc and if the gate can support it, Sportsman racers could get bumped.
I think stock racers have a challenge ahead with NHRA, the aftermarket and mail order parts. They are in business together, effectively. Harder to find older castings etc., could lead to liberal rule changes. The appeal isn't there for the new generation fans either. They head for concessions and bathrooms for FS/XX.
I doubt everybody that makes partner decisions, are as charmed with S/SS Eliminator as the old timers are.
Just thinking out loud...
Mike A114

Last edited by Mike Jones; 01-18-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote