View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 12:28 PM   #42
goinbroke2

Liked 175 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: U/SA 302 ffffford build

Got another video almost done.

So far, Removed the two bus batteries as well as the master switch and 20ft of double O wire.(100lb's??) Reinstalled the rear carpet. Got the new battery tray in by removing the fuel pressure reg and some other wiring that was in the way, then had to move the starter solenoid too. Got that done and a quick disconnect on the new "die hard" batt.

Working on the fuel system under the hood now. Gotta go pick up some fittings and a tap for fuel checks. Pumped two jerry cans of fuel through the system to flush more of the old crap out. (1/2" line and a holley blue pump empty a tank pretty quick!!)
I'll finish the fuel system and then probably post a video of my junk in progress.

Pulled off the rear spoiler because they only came on the indy 500 pace cars in 1979 and this is a ghia.

Also, went and picked up a water pump drive from fellow class racer Rory McNeil yesterday so that will be next after the fuel system is done.

I must be getting lots done, I can tell because the wife is getting really mad with my absence....lol...
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked