View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 09:21 PM   #6
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts
Default Re: Isn't it about time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Great idea long time coming tho---How many WWll Vets are still left? Cannot be too many---if you were 17 in 1945 when you entered the service how old would you be now?? Answer= 94 years old --how many 94 year olds are in the present population???Cant be too many don't you think?----just did a quick check according to the US Census Bureau in June 2021 statistics it is age 90-99 =456 people and over age 100 it is 11- WOW didn't even think it would be that nany-FED 387
My grandfather turned 100 in August. WWII vet. Our home town bent over backwards for him on his birthday. Had a drive by from the sheriff's and city police and Fire Dept. It was awesome. He still drives everyday and and lives by himself and can take care of himself. He was an MP in Sicily and had orders to not let anyone, I mean NO ONE in the camp he was patroling. Low and behold who comes down the road to try and get in General Patton. My grandfather wouldn't let him in LOL. He said Patton got a kick out of it and promoted him later. I love all his stories. He must be one of the 11. I've never seen those numbers. He's our family's inspiration. We tell him everyday.

Bret Velde
2003 I/SA
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked