View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #62
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: Pray for ALL racers and families

This whole discussion started as a request for prayer from those that are BELIEVERS and NON-BELIEVERS for the current situation that our country is going through at this moment and it has cascaded to a discussion of the existence of God and His fairness.

A fact I have learned through my 63 years in this earth is that many that say they do not believe in God, many times end praying when they are in a precarious situation when there is no hope. They grasp to anything they can in such situations. At the end, some end believing that God is real and others find a secular explanation for the outcome.

Romans 2:11 says, "For God does not show favoritism". In a nutshell, it means that God loves both those that believe and not believe in Him. God does loves sinners, He just does not love their sins that go against the Word.

Moreover, it is not about being religious; as a matter of fact, I abhor when the term is used to depict those that believe in God. Even the Pharisee's with all their knowledge of the Scriptures, were sinners because the multiple deeds they committed towards the people, making them just religious men and their hearts was not consecrated to God; only to themselves. Loving and believing in God is a personal relationship between Him and each one of us.

Myself, I am not and have never been the perfect man that God wants me to be and will never be. The Word says in Romans 3:23, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard." Yes, there was only one perfect man, the Son of God, Jesus. We all are sinners but by the grace of God, we have been forgiven at the Cross.

I seek Him and His Word everyday and every minute as I breathe in this earth. Although He forgives me for all my sins, it does not mean it is carte blanche for me to continue sinning. I do not follow a church and/or man; I follow God who gave His only Son, Jesus as my Redeemer.

For those that say God does not exist, I PRAY that someday you have the opportunity to experience the real God! I have seen God's hand all through my life since I was a child and through the life of others. I have seen people healed from diseases, like John, saved from catastrophic events, families reunited and a lot more that it would take me months to write about.

To end, I will just leave it at Proverbs 26:12, "There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise."

Last edited by SSDiv6; 05-21-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Liked