View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 11:03 PM   #585
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Wink Re: Best Pontiac Powered Stockers

Oldskool , Update on a few things ???

I knew Mike Moyer when he lived in Va, and ran VMP & Richmond Drag-way ?Mike was a great guy & loved racing . His Firebird is a Olds - powered, I think it was a 403 ci ? It ran 70-80 under the index , I think Mike moved away when I sold my firebird to Dean .. Glad to see he's still racing , looks like he had the car painted ..

Al Vanis bought my car from Johnny Rodnite and Won two races in a row !!
He was a very- good driver and won a few more races , before he traded 77 Lemans to Bob Michael' for a 77 Firebird S/S .. Then Bob fixed it all (engine + Paint...Then I bought it from Bob 4-5 yrs. ago !! (lost the good engine and built
another one !!!

* Dean Ribeiro , had found a mint White 1977 Grand Lemans ( white interior+ buckets ) Had it for about 6 mos. and wanted to make it into a racecar ???
So he took out the motor and we built up a 400 ci just like my firebird !!!
He came down to my house in Va. on a wed. & thursday after- noon we fired
it up and went to VMP !!! Very first pass went - .65 under the index and next pass went -.86 under.. The car went 1.05 under at the LBV in the Summer time when Kyle bought it ??? Then on the way home they Lost it ?? Kyle , then found a 77 Lemans body & replaced everything + Won many Races !!!!!!!

Last edited by Dave Ribeiro; 08-22-2020 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Add on....
Dave Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked