View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 AM   #35
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts
Default Re: Stocker roll cage bar beyond firewall rule......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Diehl View Post
I don't think he is concerned about weight...his car runs 160+ I would bet that part of his tuning routine he adjusts or "ADDS" weight to the front..

X amount of total car weight with 300 or 400 hp is one thing, but the same weight in the same car with 1000, 1200 or 1500+ hp is another, I see his point

But, what do I know
REAL Stock Eliminator cars don`t have 1000, 1200 or 1500 HP. REAL Stock Eliminator cars are based on factory built and sold production cars using engine and trans combinations that the average Joe could have walked into the showroom, and drove home. Sure there were some limited production special performance packages available, but the vast majority were pretty common. If you have only been following Stock for the past 5 years or so, you may believe that all these new Cobra Jet Mustangs, Drag Pack Challengers, and COPO Camaros are `mainstream`` Detroit cars, representing the same car you could purchase as a daily driver. They are NOT! These are purpose built drag cars with very little in common to the Mustang at your local Ford store. (Try ordering a new regular Mustang with a 2 speed Powerglide or 9 inch rearend). Many traditional racers feel these cars do not belong alongside the real Stockers (myself included), but thats not the racers decision to make. Also A NHRA Stocker is a specialized vehicle, relaxing rules so a `dual purpose car can alternate between running Stock Eliminator, and the same car with a no rules power adder engine is not what Stock is all about. There is much more to Stock Eliminator racing than simply using a 9 inch wide tire.