View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 12:06 AM   #10
OkieRocket

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Winters Shifter Adjustment...is killing me!!

Thanks Jim and to all that have tried to help. I spoke to the Winters Distributor again today and I told them I did some measuring and have found that the Linear Travel on the Transmission Arm Positions in the various Gears is "different" than the Linear distances for the Shifter.....This has to be part of, if not the true problem...The Travels must be the same.....I don't know what else to think?? The Winters Distributor told me that there's not much else to check on the Shifter. They said to call Rossler and talk to them about some possible causes from the Transmission??? That really shocked me. I can't see there could possibly be any problems in that area.
Also tried setting everything starting in 3rd gear.....same problems.
The reason I had decided to try the Distributor again, is that they sell a lot of these Winters Applications and I thought they could give me a better, "hands on" type of answer from their in the field experience.... As they have no more suggestions, I'll definitely call Winters directly tomorrow. Hopefully, they can help me??...My fingers are crossed..........I'm at a kind of a dead end. Not sure what to do after that??
Maybe try ATI and see if I might have a bad set of Trans. Brackets? Who knows??
OkieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote